BLOG DUKE AMIENE REV

Khamis, Jun 02, 2011

Holiday Quotes - Part 3

Holiday Quotes 3

One of the wonderful things about this glorious holiday trip I'm on is that I'm in public with people. It hasn't been inclined... I don't know - something to do with the death of my wife. It's inclined to make me isolated.
Jeremy Brett

Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.
Simone de Beauvoir

Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family.
Chris Brown

The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to.
P. J. O'Rourke

The sea from Dunkirk to Dover during these days of the evacuation looked like any coastal road in England on a bank holiday. It was solid with shipping.
Douglas Bader

The second trial was a fair trial. I do not call it a second trial. I call it a fair trial, as opposed to the first trial, which was an unfair trial, a Roman holiday.
Sam Sheppard

There are a lot of Grinches out there that would like nothing better than to take any references to religion out of the holiday season.
Ernest Istook

There is an atmosphere about the picture theatre that speaks of entertainment and relaxation. The charming surroundings, good music, and the fact that each visitor is determined to enjoy a few hours of holiday all exert an influence on the mind.
Ivor Novello

There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday.
John Clayton

This is such a special summer holiday for me. I haven't known myself so relaxed in years.
Kylie Minogue

Wal-Mart doesn't really care about your faith. Wal-Mart cares if you have money to spend, and it is going to be as generic as possible in exploiting the holiday season for every buck it can make.
Richard Roeper

We usually use that mostly on the weekends because we have access to the range during the week. But I can tell you a number of times they have had a training holiday at Fort Benning, so nobody trains, and to drag him in is like pulling teeth.
Nancy Johnson

We're going to do something that's really unprecedented in the industry by launching the console in all three major markets for the same holiday. It's never been done before.
J Allard

When Billie Holiday sings a song, I hear the song, but I always hear her and her truth.
Tom Wopat

When I came to England at the very beginning of commercial television it was easy for me because I was only doing one or two shows a week at most. It was really a holiday.
Richard Lester

When I did Taming of the Shrew, I was very tired, and I decided to have a holiday and make a documentary.
Diane Cilento