BLOG DUKE AMIENE REV

Rabu, Jun 01, 2011

Holiday Quotes - Part 2

Holiday Quotes 2

I listened to Billie Holiday a lot in order to learn to sing. She remains one of the extraordinary jazz singers. But my intent is to become my own voice, to be able to interpret these songs in my own way.
Madeleine Peyroux

I love oldies just kind of sweet, slinky, Fifties music. The slow stuff. And Billie Holiday.
Nastassja Kinski

I love to sing old Motown songs to myself, or some Patti Smith Edith Piaf or Billie Holiday. That gets me in the mood for singing.
Siobhan Fahey

I loved Billie Holiday more than any other person other than myself on the stage. Yeah, I do.
Abbey Lincoln

I started out Ice skating with Holiday On Ice and just got offered the part of R2 by chance.
Kenny Baker

I thought the Billie Holiday comparison was beautiful. I think, Wow, what a wonderful, creative, helpful spirit. She's someone who wanted to help others by sharing her emotion. That's what I do, too, so I think that's a great comparison.
Erykah Badu

I was born in London in 1919. I first went to America in 1946 for a three-month holiday. Then I came back, worked here for almost a year sold up my home and went back on immigration in 1947.
George Shearing

I was trying to do Billie Holiday, because she was the voice to be heard at that time.
Ruth Brown

I went out every single night so I was never alone with my stepfather. At 12, I stopped going on holiday with them. The times I was alone with him I always made sure I was all covered up.
Christine Keeler

I went to America on holiday when I was 17 and, before I knew it, I'd been signed up by an agency and had these obligations I didn't understand, but which I couldn't say no to. This industry chose me. But I did choose to make it fulfilling.
Elle Macpherson

I wrapped that Monday and started on my third episode for Miss Match on Thursday of that same week and we just wrapped yesterday cause it was split over the holiday.
Charisma Carpenter

I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.
Tim Vine

I've just finished my next collection, Possible Side Effects, and I'm now working on a collection of holiday stories as well as a memoir about my relationship with my father.
Augusten Burroughs

If we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday at a time of presidential inaugurals, this is thanks to Ronald Reagan who created the holiday, and not to the Democratic Congress of the Carter years, which rejected it.
David Horowitz

If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.
Tony Snow

In August most of Europe goes on holiday.
Tony Visconti

In our open society, we are inclined to give to the less fortunate for the pure goodness of giving. We open our home to those who are alone on this holiday to spread some warmth into the life of another.
Jeff Miller