BLOG DUKE AMIENE REV

Isnin, April 25, 2011

Movie Quotes - Inception - Part 3

COBB: What do you want from us?

SAITO: Inception. Is it possible?

ARTHUR: Of course not.

SAITO: If you can steal an idea from someone's mind, why can't you plant one there instead?

ARTHUR: Okay, here's planting an idea: I say to you, "Don't think about elephants." What are you thinking about?

SAITO: Elephants.

ARTHUR: Right. But it's not your idea because you know I gave it to you.

SAITO: You could plant it subconsciously-

ARTHUR: The subject's mind can always trace the genesis of the idea. True inspiration is impossible to fake.

COBB: No, it isn't.

SAITO: Can you do it?

COBB: I won't do it.





COBB: How complex is the idea?

SAITO: Simple enough.

COBB: No idea's simple when you have to plant it in someone else's mind.

SAITO: My main competitor is an old man in poor health. His son will soon inherit control of the corporation. I need him to decide to break up his father's empire. Against his own self-interest.

ARTHUR: Cobb, we should walk away from this.

COBB: If I were to do it. If I could do it... how do I know you can deliver?

SAITO: You don't. But I can. So do you want to take a leap of faith, or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone? Assemble your team, Mr. Cobb. And choose your people more wisely.





MILES: My God. You're here to corrupt one of my brightest and best.

COBB: If you have someone good enough, you have to let them decide for themselves. You know what I'm offering -

MILES: Money?

COBB: No, not just money: the chance to build cathedrals, entire cities - things that have never existed, things that couldn't exist in the real world...

MILES: Everybody dreams, Cobb. Architects are supposed to make those dreams real.

COBB: That's not what you used to say. You told me that in the real world I'd be building attic conversions and gas stations. You said that if I mastered the dream-share I'd have

a whole new way of creating and showing people my creations. You told me it would free me.

MILES: And I'm sorry. I was wrong.

COBB: No, you weren't. Your vision was a vision of pure creativity. It's where we took it that was wrong.





MILES: And now you want me to let someone else follow you into fantasy.

COBB: They won't actually come on the job, they'll just design the levels and teach them to the dreamers.

MILES: Design them yourself.

COBB: Mal won't let me.





MILES: If you have a few moments, Mr. Cobb has a job offer to discuss with you.

ARIADNE: A work placement?

COBB: Not exactly.

ARIADNE: Aren't you going to tell me anything?

COBB: Before I describe the job, I have to know you could do it.

ARIADNE: Why?

COBB: It's not, strictly speaking, legal. You have two minutes to draw a maze that takes me one minute to solve.