2) I love teaching this age level because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I like to get kids on the right track early.
3) If you can't live without TV, this isn't your class. How many are willing to kill your television?
4) I was raised in a home where I was told to try to make a difference.
5) My passion is passed on to the students.
6) By learning Shakespeare these children are learning enormous amounts of vocabulary, enormous amounts of discipline, teamwork, and the respect for one another.
7) To be or not to be, that is the question.
8) Kids who play music do better in all parts of school…its fun, it's relaxing, it's challenging and it makes them better in mathematics and reading.
9) Mark Twain, he puts us in Huck's spot and he makes us choose if we should follow the society or be our self.
10) Isn't that a decision that all of you have to make? Society is going to tell you how to dress, what to play, what pop group to listen to, how to cut your hair. Isn't that ridiculous, each of you is so individually special.
11) We try to find a balance in this class, so we have days where the kids are working hard…and we have a day of complete silliness.
12) So even on a day where there is supposedly no learning going on, there is still a lot of learning going on and that's the mark of a good classroom.
13) Once they are in a culture of excellence, who cares what color they are, they do fine.
14) It's how we can help this country, it's really by working with the little ones and that's where it has to start.
15) There are no shortcuts!!!
16) Who would have thought in the midst of all the chaos at school we have these unpolished jewels and when you discover one that's the beauty of teaching.
17) Why we stay at nice hotels and nice restaurants? Because I want the children to understand the life that they are working for.
18) I want them to see that good life right now.
19) …and that government of the people by the people for the people shall not perish from the earth.
20) I've been in the classroom more than 20 years…some children should be left behind.
21) All children must be given an equal opportunity but once given that equal opportunity the children have to produce.
22) Being civil is important, being kind is important, school matters.
23) We all have problems, I have them too, solve them.
24) I want them to be extraordinary because I know that they are.
25) The real measure of teaching is; Where are these kids 5 years from now, 10 years from now?